Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Own Island Seems To Be Surrounded By My Own Tears-POEM


When I cry myself to sleep
Please don't tell me that everything will be better
Because you and I know
This pain will never leave

It may be the first time you see me cry
But it isn't the first or last time
I will cry myself to sleep

I hope to god I drown in my tears
I hope to god this pain will soon leave

I ask god, why me, out of all these people?
Why do I have to go on pretending that everything is going well?
When deep inside, I am screaming
Hoping a helping hand will soon appear
While waiting in this deserted island surrounded by my own tears

While you say goodnight, I ask myself, what is a good night for me?
Is it when I seem to forget that pain, but then wake up with tears
Running down my face
Like two water falls streaming down both my eyes?
Is it when I cannot sleep at all
Because of the immense pain?
Or is it when I have no more tears in me that all I do
Is pray for tears?

The tears may leave or disappear
There might be a stupid smile on my face
But the hurricane, inside me is still there
as powerful as it has been and as it will be
For the rest of my miserable life with out you and your love

Goodnight and let the tears begin to flow down my sad face
I hope to god, someone will come along and help
But how and when?
I do not know
I wish I did, but no one said life is fair

I'm falling to pieces and no one seems to care

2 comments: