Wednesday, September 14, 2011

[ESSAY] UC Essay



The medical fields brings up a lot of interest to me. The facts of how life inside bodies work such as how some little cell's shape can change everything. However, if you ask me to do surgery on a body. I might just faint. I might not be able to be behind the surgical mask but I would love to be the one helping surgeon through medical illustrations.

My passion for art has been with me since I was able to hold a writing utensil. At first when looking for a major I thought about art as a full career. However, the income is lower than the bar I set up for myself. Biology has different areas to go into as a career. Now a days looking for a major to focus on the things I like the most, art and biology. A medical illustrator requires to major/minor in both art and biology leading it to fit me as a glove.This job has a good salary too. My mind very is set on what I want to major and minor in.

I have grown up in a family where family comes first and everything else is second. This has very likely shaped the decisions I made. The urge to help my family out of poverty has been my goal since the day I realized the cold true about our financial issues. My grandparents still work day and night and they are almost senior citizens just to pay rent and medical purposes. My mom barely works and we receive welfare money. All this is insufficient for us because we are never really content during holidays because we have to spend money we do not have. Loving my family with all my guts I want to be able to have a career that provides enough money for them to live worry free and for me to live comfortably happy.

Since my family and myself are always measuring our expenses we never get to travel. Traveling for pleasure was not part of our life. Knowing that their is a world out their with different cultures and geographies, I want to be a part of  it and see how I can apply it in my everyday life. I would love to take my family out the borders they have set around our home to relax, take in the different cultures, and learn from the people inhabiting the area. I want my career to help me in these aspects in such way that it can be something used not just in the United States but all over the world. The one major common aspect of this world are humans and all humans need medical attention. Being a medical illustrator, jobs are found everywhere.

Dreams come from anywhere, all ranging in size. However, my dreams tie in with the dreams of my grandparents. Seeing that they are still dreaming and they are going nowhere but to the grave. Helping them achieve it before they are gone is my main dream/goal. Knowing that I can be the helping hand through a hard time is better than having anything else. Helping them own that ranch they always wanted with animals ans several plants, would make me as content as any one can be. My next steps are to be a part of a  good college, graduate school and then find a job. My mind is set, the only missing pieces are the schools and the job.    

No comments:

Post a Comment