Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hidden Meaning?

In the last blogger I have started talking about my choice in music. I wanted to blog more about this last week, but I forgot. So I will talk about this, this week and something else later next week that is not music. Like I have said I will be talking about The Beatles again.

In the last blog I talked about a hidden meaning to their songs. I talked about how my uncle told me all of this, but never told me exactly what. So one day this last business week I was talking with that same uncle about my blog. I didn't ask him to tell me what the hidden meanings are. However he decided to tell me.

He started singing the song, which they lyrics are down below. He said that all their hidden meanings talked about them being high, being intoxicated with weed. Which back then was totally normal. They never hid the truth of them smoking pot from the public. As you can see in the Abbey Road album cover. In the song Yellow Submarine says that they are high with there friends. That they are so high they don't feel like they are in this world. They are so high they are really loopy. They are basically singing about themselves about how they feel when they are high.

I have never in my life gotten high off of weed or any other drugs. I have gotten high off of chocolate many times before! Hahaha. Yes that's how my friends and I role, but I don't know about other people. What is getting high off chocolate? Well for me it's getting so hyper off of chocolate that your twitching, laughing at everything, talking to people you don't know about any random subject, having a staring competition with your self in the mirror. That is what getting high off of chocolate is for me. Might be different for others. However I back to the one and only The Beatles. To prove my point here. I am not able to understand their meanings of getting high. So if someone told me what they are actually saying I would be very confused. I would have no clue of what they are saying, but I know what they are talking about.

Look at it this way if you know what getting high is ask a person that's an expert on this. However, if you don't you still listen to their music its pretty good. Wait pretty good!? No its freaking great!!! Its all groovy baby!

Yellow Submarine by The Beatles
In the town where i was born
Lived a man who sailed to sea
And he told us of his life
In the land of submarines

So we sailed up to the sun
Till we found the sea of green
And we lived beneath the waves
In our yellow submarine

We all live in our yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
We all live in our yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

And our friends are all on board
Many more of them live next door
And the band begins to play

We all live in our yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
We all live in our yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

As we live a life of ease
Everyone of us has all we need
Sky of blue and sea of green
In our yellow submarine.

We all live in our yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
We all live in our yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

We all live in our yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine
We all live in our yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

No comments:

Post a Comment