Friday, October 21, 2011

[FREE] This Book

The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith. Now this is a book to read if you want a challenge. Thanks to my english teacher, Sutherland, I have come to love the knowledge this book haas provided for me. What one discoveres about trying to create justice for all living organisms ranges from every corner. I have only read about one-third of this book. I know it is not a lot but out that section I have learned much. However, before this book I was a solid vegan for about two months or so. After reading this I am no longer vegan, well to an extent. I have learned that we can not create pure justice for all to live in harmony with each other. Some one had to killed to nurish the world. The reason why I became vegan was because I love animals and with my career in mind I would love to help them. Being a normal human carnivore was contradicting this. I had tostart saving these animals some how. So I became vegan. However like Lierre says, "I wont eat anything that has a mother or a face." This was also for some of the huge population of organisms to be saved. Plant are living organisms and so are the seeds. Eating of f of seeds and plants was also killing things that somehow had a face or a mother. This really startled me. For  almost a day I did not want to step on grass or anything. I hoped that I was able to float to therefore not damage anyliving organism. However I got further and further in the book and my hope for all of this went down the drain. The was no hope for justice and hormany for ALL. Sadly we had to live in the world like this. I did not know what to do so I just went on as everyone else, to an extent. Knowing the situation about milk I do not drink milk and try to avoind anything hat containes milk form a cow or anythoer animal. The deal about the gross diet that chickens have. I really avooind tat meat and red meat. Sometimes yes my beliefes tend to be igore by my tastes buds and go for that burger and piece of chicken but in my daily life all this is not part of my diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment